Friday 3 September 2010

1750 Tournament 21/08/2010

I entered this tournament a few weeks back. It didnt go as well as expected.

Game 1 I faced CSM in a 3 objectives match. After a closly fought game I failed 4 2+ armour save to give up one objective on the last turn to lose the match 2 objectives to 1 instead of 1 each and a contest.

Game 2 I faced Imperial Guard in a capture and control battle. My infentry got killed very quickly on my objective and vise versa. So both players had a mad rush to aquire an objective and he managed to get on the objective by the games end (Turn 5) and my SGT was 4" away from the objective so I lost that game 1-0.

Game 3 was against Space Marines in a Anhilation battle and up to turn 3 he was winning 2-0 and then all my reserves came in and made the score 4-2 to me. The game however continued to turn 7 and I lost 5-7 when I was winning 5-3 on turn 5.

Game 4 was against Tau and was a 5 objectives match. This match was a disaster. My reserves came on at the wrong time at the wrong side and I failed lots of simple armour saves at the begining. At the end of the game I was again 1" away from contesting a vital objective. He won 2-1

What I learned?

1.) The bad areas in the list. My Marine army is based on ambush and assault so the Thunderfire cannon does not quite fit in. The strenguard didn't do their job either.

2.) Make sure my troups are covered at all times.

3.) Do not just go on rampage with Lysander, make every unit have a mission of their own to help the overal game.

Got another tournament in October to look forward to :-D

No comments:

Post a Comment